What Is a Drug Crime?
A drug crime is anyone that has possession of, able to manufacture, use, or distribution of any of the following:
- Anabolic steroids
- Chemicals (used in the production of drugs)
Different Types of Illegal Drugs
Marijuana is the most commonly used illegal drug in the United States. A recent survey reveals that nearly 15 million people abuse marijuana. Marijuana laws vary greatly between the states. A number of states have recently allowed for the medical or even recreational use of marijuana.
Some commonly aubsed drugs include cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, ecstasy, PCP, and LSC.
Consequences of a Conviction
- Probation or parole
- Loss of custody of children
- Court ordered counseling
- Significant fines
- Loss of a job
- Community service
- Loss of residency
- Amount of drugs in possession
- The type of drug
- Prior convictions
- Currently on probation or parole
- Attitude of community and court toward this type of crime